Express Entry is one of the easiest immigration pathways for foreign nationals who wish to live and work in Canada. It is an online system that manages permanent residence applications from skilled workers who have met the requirements of the program they are applying for.
Eligible candidates who submit their profile get ranked in the Express Entry Pool using a points-based system. Once you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA), you will be given a maximum of 60 days to submit your application. The process may take six months or less if you have the complete supporting documents.
All Express Entry programs require work experience and language skills assessment for English or French. The Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) classifies the language skill level based on the assessment results. Let’s check the other requirements and compare the Express Entry programs.
Federal Economic Immigration Programs Express Entry
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
The language skills requirement for this program is CLB 7. Moreover, you must have at least 1 year of continuous work experience in one of the (NOC) main job groups such as: (Skill Type 0) management jobs; (Skill Type A) professional jobs; and (Skill Type B) technical jobs and skilled trades, within the last 10 years.
FSWP does not require a job offer but you get extra points for a valid job offer. Secondary education is required.
Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
The language skills requirement is CLB 5 for speaking and listening; and CLB 4 for reading and writing whilst the required work experience should be at least 2 years within the last 5 years under job group (Skill Level B) technical jobs and skilled trades.
Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Same as the FSWP, you are required to have an experience in one of the job groups Skill Type 0, A and B. The main difference of this program from the other two is the required 1 year of Canadian work experience in the last 3 years. On top of that, the language skills requirement is CLB 7 for Skill Types 0 or A and CLB 5 for Skill Type B.
Educational Video about Canada Express Entry
The following questions will be answered in the video thoroughly and in detail.
- When is the best time to apply for Permanent Residence?
- Who can apply for Express Entry?
- Are you eligible to apply for PR?
- If not, what are your options? Pathway?
- What is your Skill Type?
- Why you need IELTS?
- How to obtain an IELTS Report? How important is your IELTS Score?
- Why you need an ECA Report?
- How to obtain an ECA Report?
- Which assessing agency provides the quickest ECA Report?
- What is CRS Score? How can you increase your CRS Score? How do you compute for your CRS score?
- How can I match my Job Details to NOC Code Job Details?
- How do you know that you are invited to apply? How much is the application fee?
- How much is the Proof of Funds for single applicant? Family?
- What are the documents you need to submit?
- How do you apply for jobs in the job bank?
- When do you get your Visa stamped passport back?
- When should you land in Canada?