International Students who have been impacted by the pandemic receives aid from the Canadian Government. Under the new public policy, they will be allowed to apply for an Open Work Permit starting January 27 up until July 27, 2021. The 18 month permit will help them find a full time Job in Canada even after their three-year Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) is up.
Many International students across Canada have lost their jobs and even more had a hard time securing a Job Offer in the country which should qualify them for PR in 2020. The new policy will help them recover from the burden caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you are an International Student who is currently in Canada, we can help you with your Open Work Permit Application.
International Students who meet the following requirements can apply for the New Open Work Permit.
1. have a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) that expired on or after January 30, 2020, or will expire within 4 months from the date the applicant applies for the open work permit
2. have been in Canada when the policy took effect and have remained in the country
3. have a temporary resident status that allows you to stay in Canada or be applying to restore their status
4. have included in their application that they are applying for an open work permit under the new public policy
5. have a valid passport. Make sure that their passport is valid for at least 18 months from the date their application is approved. In case their passport expires in under 18 months, their new open work permit will be for the corresponding length of time as their passport’s validity period
International Students have a huge contribution to Canada’s Economic Growth
International students bring roughly $21 Billion Dollars every year to Canada’s economy. They are considered big asset and are quality candidates for Permanent residence. They have canadian work experience, canadian education, canadian residence and skills that can help resolve the labour shortage issue of the country.
Up to 52,000 former international students will qualify under the new open work permit policy. Applications started on January 27 and ends on July 27, 2021.
Let us help you with your Open Work Permit Application. Secure your slot by clicking the button below.