Quebec Experience Program (PEQ) is a superior immigration program for candidates who are fluent in French and have work experience in Quebec. It’s a priority program offered by the province of Quebec, meaning the applications are processed much faster than other programs, like the Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW).
Benefits of PEQ
Quebec Experience Program offers many benefits to the candidates.
The applications are processed at a much faster rate, ensuring you won’t have to wait for extended periods to get your Quebec Selection Certification (CSQ).
After you have received your CSQ, you become eligible to apply for Candian permanent residence. You can submit an official application for permanent residence right away.
Requirements for PEQ
You must meet the following requirements if you want to be eligible for PEQ.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must hold a valid passport.
- You must intend to get a job in Quebec and settle there.
- You must have lived (studied or worked) in Quebec before.
- During your stay in Quebec, you must have obeyed the terms.
- You must have demonstrated an intermediate to advanced proficiency in the French language.
- If your spouse intends to live with you in Quebec, they must also have demonstrated French proficiency.
- You must have enough finances to support yourself, as well as your spouse and children, for at least 3 months.
Depending on whether you’re applying as an international student or temporary foreign worker, you may need to complete additional requirements too.
Additional requirements for PEQ for international students
Alongside the general requirements mentioned above, international students also have to meet the following additional requirements.
- You must hold a valid Quebec diploma.
- During your study period, you should have spent at least half of your program duration in Quebec.
- You should be legally living in Quebec if you’re submitting the application from within Quebec.
- If you have a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree — or you have a diploma in technical school — you should have completed 12 months of work experience in the last 36 months. Plus, you should be employed in Quebec at the time of application submission. Furthermore, your skill level should be under NOC level O, A, or B.
- If you have a diploma in vocational studies, you should have worked in Quebec for at least 18 months in the past 36 months. Plus, you should be employed in Quebec at the time of application submission. Your skill level should be under NOC level O, A, B, or C. However, if your skill level is C, your job should be directly tied to your study program.
Additional requirements for PEQ for foreign workers
If you want to apply as a temporary foreign worker, you should meet the following requirements alongside the generic ones.
- You should be living in Quebec as a skilled temporary foreign worker or under a youth exchange program.
- You should have completed at least 24 full-time months of professional, managerial, or technical work in the past 36 months.
- You should have a full-time job in the professional, managerial, or technical sectors at the time of application submission. The job should have a NOC skill level of O, A, or B.
How to demonstrate French language proficiency
To demonstrate your French language proficiency, you must complete the following steps.
- Pass a french language test. There are numerous tests you can choose from, but some of the most popular ones are Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ), Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCF), and Test d’évaluation du français (TEF).
- Get a transcript that shows you have completed at least 3 years of secondary or post-secondary education in French.
- Get a transcript showing you have completed an advanced intermediate-level French language course.
- An interview will be conducted to ensure your French proficiency. Pass the interview.
- Acquire a license to practice from any professional order in Quebec.
Here are Related Topic You Can Read Now
Quebec Immigration: Immigrate to Quebec as a Skilled Worker
Quebec Self-Employed Worker Program
Quebec Entrepreneur Program