The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) is an immigration pathway allowing foreign nationals to become Canadian permanent residents. The SINP has a number of categories and sub-categories for aspiring immigrants. The majority of these operate outside of the federal Express Entry system, which means that a candidate can apply for permanent residency nomination from the province without having to create an Express Entry profile, enter the pool, and wait for an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in a lottery.
The SINP Works On An Expression of Interest System: What Is It?
Candidates in the International Skilled Worker streams had to apply during intake times that were published with minimal notice and typically lasted only a few weeks during the SINP’s early years. SINP, on the other hand, decided to switch to an Expression of Interest (EOI) method in 2019.
An EOI is a pre-application procedure that allows individuals to show their interest in applying to the SINP and establish their qualifications by filling out an online form. The required information is based on SINP criteria and is used to evaluate eligibility, and decide whether the submission is placed into the International Skilled Worker EOI system.
You will be able to file an EOI if you are eligible under the Occupations In-Demand or Express Entry sub-categories. An EOI is an initial step in applying to the SINP, but it is not a SINP application in and of itself.
You will be added to the EOI pool of eligible applicants if you successfully create and submit an EOI.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- From the time you submit it, your profile will be valid for one year.
- At any given moment, candidates can only have one active EOI profile in the system.
- The information you offer in your profile will be used to rank you.
- The top-ranking candidates will be invited to submit a complete application to the SINP on a regular basis. Expressions of Interest Draws are used to send out invitations to apply.
- For both the submission of EOIs and nomination applications, the SINP uses an electronic system and will interact with you via email. Please make sure you enter a real email address.
- If you are requested to submit an application, you can complete your nomination application using the same log-in credentials you used to submit your EOI.
- At all times, you must ensure the information you give in your EOI is current and correct. You must update your profile if your circumstances change.
- Your application will be rejected if it is discovered that you provided inaccurate information or left out critical information.